93 ford thunderbird sunroof drains

Asked by Apr 14, 2010 at 02:43 PM about the 1993 Ford Thunderbird SC

I have a 93 sc and my moonroof leaks after a heavy rain. I noiticed the drains are not draining. I tried pushing through them with an electrical fish tape. I can not clear them and I am wondering where they come out at so I can make sure they were not covered up or filled in at some point.

on the sc you have to replace the rubber around it.

20

on my 93 T-Bird, 4 drain lines, 2 front, 2 rear. Front ones are white and go down the A (Front) pillars and can be accessed via the door wire harness flex hole or by pulling off the trim and reaching under the dash hole area on both sides, you may have to pull the flooring. Rear ones (black tubes) go at a 45 degree angle into the frame and if you pull the large plastic side pieces you can see it in the oval shaped holes above the C (rear) pillars courtesy light in the rear seat area where the trim and the headliner meet. These drain lines all lead into the rocker panel (where you feet step to get into the car.)They are sealed and have a foam like substance on my bird. My guess is it's to absorb the water? I was able to get the front ones opened this week. Combo of compressed air and a thin wire fish tape from a good friend. The rear ones are a pain to fix without pulling the headliner.... I can't even see the darn things without pulling the sunroof glass or the slide channels. So I plan on moving my rear ones to come into the trunk for easy access and pop a small hole through the plastic splash guard behind the tires so i can easily fish a line through it when needed. The front ones will follow shortly since they are "working" well enough for now. On a side note i went to the junkyard today to figure out for sure where everything went... luckily someone helped me out by exposing the internals. I decided to give a rusty part of the rocker panel a look and low and behold "hey! look a pipe, or and rust all around it!" Soon my lines will no longer fill the rocker panels. I don't want a rust bucket of a bird. I'll get some more photos as I tear it apart and modify the lines. -Curt