Ford thunderbird electronics

Asked by Oct 11, 2016 at 08:49 PM about the 1993 Ford Thunderbird LX

I am trying to program a fob and need help finding the jump pins in the program connector. please help with a diagram i can't find one online

4,825

You should have gotten instructions with the new fob. It is all programmed with ignition and fob. No need to get into any kind of pins.

the instructions we received said that we had to go to the program connector after we started the car, the local dealer wants sixty dollars to program it. he said that he had a diagram of the program connector but forgot to give it to me. I'm confused now by your answer, please explain more and is something fishy?

4,825

I hope this is helpful. According to Reference.com, do this: Enter the programming mode Sit in the driver's seat with all doors closed, with your foot off the brake. Pressing the brake pedal at any time exits the programming mode. Insert the key in the ignition. Turn the key from the off position, where it is possible to remove it from the ignition, to the on position, just before the point where it engages the starter, eight times within 10 seconds. Leave the key in the on position. The doors should lock and unlock to indicate the vehicle is in the programming mode. Program the fob Within 20 seconds, press any button on the fob. The locks should repeat the lock and unlock process to indicate the fob is ready for use. Program any remaining fobs Repeat the programming step for all existing and new fobs. Up to four fobs are allowed for each vehicle. Exit the programming mode Turn the key off and remove it from the ignition. When you turn the key off, the door locks and unlocks a final time to indicate programming is finished and the vehicle is no longer in the programming mode. Good luck.