93 TBird 5.0L Catalytic Converter I need them please help me find some!!!!

315

Asked by Jan 24, 2013 at 02:35 PM about the 1993 Ford Thunderbird LX

I need catalytic converters all three. I
can't find any that is California legal. I
don't see what the hell is the
differents? But if any one knows
where to get all three including the
piping with the cats all ready
attached. If not then seperete for a
good price. It's going to cost me like
800 not in clouding the labor!!

Thanks a lot!!

http://www.partstrain.com/ShopByDepartment/Catalytic_Converter/FORD/THUNDERBIRD $143 Calif legal

315

I went to that web sight and they are not California legal.

You have to scroll down, way down the first 10 or so say "no shipping to Ca" the the Magnaflow Part # M6637084 50 State legal, it's there I saw it

Best Answer
315

Ok I'll look again

Used to work at Greenworld in Berkeley. We always used a "universal fit" for about a hundred bucks. Perfomance was exactly the same. Output emissions will be free of Carbon monoxide. Works perfect and DID pass emissions (at least at our shop [defunct]- Berkeley is in California, last time I checked. This was in '96 perhaps the laws for Alameda County have gotten much stricter?

Register it in Lake County. The poor drive polluters and are ignored-

this whole "not in California" business is an effort to extract funds from an unwitting customer. It's like we mustn't duplicate our CD's...yah, but not in reality! find a poorer smog guy, guarantee that he will not have a clue what the original is supposed to look like!

Why are you runnin hot and burnin' up your CAT in the first place? Accidently chose Hi-Test racing gas? Timing was retarded, spark plugs fouled? That thing had a reason to go bad, and your replacement will go bad too unless corrected.

not sure where you're coming up with three, one must be a resonator to reduce the GROWL Dual exhaust you've got two. three legged dancer, just doesn't make sense.

315

When I bought the car it had no Cats I am not running hot.. And no I did NOT put racing gas I have no reason to put that in my car and my spark plugs are not (fouled) My timing is not (retarted) And everybody I talk to ask me if I need all three Cats which I do.. I did my reserch and I know my car. My brother in law had three Cats on his 95 TBird as well and my dad is a machinic but he is out of state other wise I would have had this fix already.. And I could get fined for not having legal Cats on my car..

Now I'm confused, but isn't it the emissions (out the tailpipe) that we are concerned about here?? is the coil eighty thousand volts? weak spark or leaking plug wires could be a possibility too- Burned Cat means unburned fuel makin' it;s way to the converter and burnin' it up there. Why is it unburned, is what we should find out? Unless the thing is smokin' no one will give you trouble- Probably has more than two hundred thousand miles on it. I'd check the compression before going any further with this..

35

My '93 5.0 HO Thunderbird LX has three cats from the factory as well. It's a three cat system, 2 singles into a 2 into 1.

listen to DavidH25...he knows what he's talking about!

10

2 93 5.0 Thunderbirds (father and son projects) u jelly?

315

ThunderBANG no I'm not but thanks for suggesting that I am though.

there is something here that I'm not certain that I understand...The CO (carbon monoxide) is converted to CO2 and water vapor----why pray tell would this need to be done thrice? Is this a stupid question.....you cannot commit suicide with carbon monoxide....why to we need to assure this three times? I don't get it man...~