Cooling

365

Asked by Oct 02, 2012 at 12:44 AM about the 1993 Ford Thunderbird LX

How is a 5.0L cooled cause mine is
getting hot no matter what?

365

It's a 93 TBird

7,055

Check your fan operation, and your coolant level first

365

My cooling level never goes down its allways high and bright green also in the raduator to not brown.. and what do you mean by fan operation like cheack to see if my fan turns? Cause I don't have electric fans.

7,055

if it is a centrifical clutch, make sure it engages and disengages.

7,055

And hot while driving or sitting, I replaced the waterpump on my mustang 5.0L and it helped alot, of course also did a radiator, and thermostat at the same time

365

It's an auto. it gets hot while sitting like in traffic or if its a long line at a drive through hahaha.. she does this at night to. But when I'm in traffic it's some times its about 95 to 105 degrees out!! And my radiator is not that old as for the thermostat I have a new one just haven't installed it yet.

7,055

When I was refering to the centrifigul clutch (operates on rotating force) I was refering to your fan assembly- you could also have a thermostatic clutch, (operates based on temperature) as for the thermostat give it a try when you get a chance.

365

I sure will. Thanks a lot Chris.

7,055

You can also try this.... before you start it up cold, take off the radiator cap and see if you can visually see the antifreeze flowing, you may have to remove a little bit, use a turkey baster and pinch off the overflow bottle hose. See if the coolant is flowing this says that the water pump impellers are ok

7,055

Hope some off this info helps you out and good luck!

365

Oh ok I will do that.. Thanks a lot I will be sure to ask you if I have any more qustions about this engine cause I know a good amout about it but not enough about what ticks it off.

365

What about putting electric fan in?

365

How do I change the drive belt?

7,055

You could do a pair of 10 or 12 inch fans over 4000CFM recommended.... for the belt just remove the fan clutch off of the water pump pulley. Shouldnt need to replace the belt

Best Answer Mark helpful
365

Oh ok cool yea I let my mom use my car and the belt broke. And the fan thing I'm really thinking about!!

365

I think my air pump is stuck cause it won't move at all like the other pullys?

7,055

There is a pollution pump delete kit you can buy to replace the pump, it is simply a braket with a pulley on it.

7,055

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Proform-Parts-Bracket-Smog-Pump-Eliminator-Aluminum-Ford-Mustang-5-0L-Kit-/390476482606?forcev4exp=true&forceRpt=true

365

You are helping me so much rite now man!! Thanks a lot!!