Keyless entry module location

Asked by Apr 03, 2017 at 01:46 AM about the 2003 Ford Explorer Sport XLT

I just picked up a 2003 Explorer Sport XLT and when the engine is started it will
lock the doors and I have been locked out and I need the location for the
keyless entry module to get the 5 digit code to get back in to it and also to
program the key fob.

I have no answer. This is my QUESTION. CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME OUT???

If it were on the outside of the car anybody could open it. You have to already be in the car for that to work. Your locked out. If you break in to retrieve the code then you are already in, see the predicament.

Plus there is no way to know for sure the previous owners had not changed it themselves as anyone with the code can change the code to their liking.

Some lock & key companies may can open it up for and then retrieve the code in any of the three possible ways you can do or a fourth way is to take it too the dealership so they can put it on their specialized computer that pulls the code out of the onboard computer itself. There are two modules that have the default code (which could have been changed) The RAP & the SJG. The SJB is under driverside dash the RAP is under spare tire jack cover or If equiped) passenger side rear door behind the seat belt 2nd cover.

Thanks for the answers and the places I will be looking for it and I will let you know that I have found it and where it is on my 2003 Ford Explorer Sport 2 door, V6 with automatic transmission

Looks like a survivor to me 71-73 not bad, 1st place for me is the 69, 2nd place to me is the 71-73 even though many people think it is the fat & lazy years, lazy years go to the 74-78 mustang then to the 4cly models 79 up. Cool car!

Best Answer Mark helpful

I'm going to get it done and thanks for your time and help and I am going to have a great time driving it and showing it off this summer and I appreciate it very much and we can not forget it is also the last year model they made it 1973 and it has only 69,836 miles on it and it is not at all the fat and lazy type of car either. Lol

Awesome. Thats the angle I like, Its hard to say I may be wrong bout the number 1 being 1969, That 73 sure is winner either way.