heater blown barely warm air

Asked by Nov 18, 2011 at 12:33 PM about the 1993 Ford Tempo 4 Dr GL Sedan

The heater doesnt produce hot air, just warm and not very warm at that.  The engine runs very cool as well(i can put my hand on the valve cover for 30 seconds after running it 20 min); oddly enough, the temp guage needle is always over halfway on the guage....Is this a combination of thermostat stuck open and a bad eng temp sensor?

Sounds to me like maybe just a bad thermostat. Dependant on what the temperature is locally, it may be cool enough to keep the engine right in the middle of the guage.. Plus, valve covers usually don't get real hot anyway.

Check the heater core I have the EXACT same problem 1996 LX Wagon and that is what I was told.