Please help my ford tempo wont turn over at all it doesnt make a sound

Asked by Nov 21, 2013 at 10:55 PM about the 1993 Ford Tempo 2 Dr GL Coupe

It was working fine the other day and now it wont do anything but click when i try to start
it.  I charged battery and replaced the solinoide.  All the lights turn on no problem but
thats it.  what else could the problem be?

Did you tighten and clean all battery connections? Also tighten and clean the negative connections on the frame and motor.

I will try that and get back to you thanks

A lot of click no starts are due to old/dirty battery terminals or connections.

MY dad, THE battery electo-chemical engineer at Interstate informs me that not only there's NO lead in them anymore, the tin/antimony alloy batteries will degrade (stop takin' a charge) ten percent per basically it is Junk inside of ten years and will make your alternator begin toastin'~ after five~

I had the same problem. I put on new battery cables after cleaning the wires. I purchased the paired and cheapest clamps and the work the best. Some battery cable clamps are just too big and pricey.

I also put in a new battery with the new clamps and I removed more of wire coverings too so more wires were exposed. The 1993 Tempo is working fine 240,000 clicks on it.