Need answers on how to fix it
Husband attempted to install after market CD
player in 2003 ford explorer and wrongly did
something with the wires. My truck started
spputteri then immediately died. We purchased
brand new battery, it fired right up and last night
while driving my dash lights got super dim and all
my gauges dropped to zero and then it suddenly
died and wouldn't turn over?help please
Well you answered your own question, the wiring was not done correctly. No way for us to know how it was wired up without being there. You will need to have a local garage or car electronics shop to inspect the install and wiring it correctly. I suspect there is a constant draw on the electronics draining the battery.
look in the dash and see if there are any burned wires- try to put the wiring back the way it was- you don't need to pay attention to all the speaker wires, just the power wire- the big red one that you crossed up somehow-
Something may be crossed up in the installation. First, charge the battery completely with a charger. Then start the vehicle and check the voltage being supplied by the alternator, it should be over 14 volts. If less, disconnect the power to the radio and check again. If over 14 volts there is a problem in the radio connections.
Looking for a Used Explorer in your area?
CarGurus has 70,934 nationwide Explorer listings starting at $1,500.
Search Ford Explorer Questions
Ford Explorer Experts