I have CD's stuck in the palyer. How do i open the player to get at them?

25

Asked by Jan 19, 2008 at 11:50 AM about the 2002 Ford Escape XLT

43,925

Only way I know to do this is take the player to a Ford dealer, they will send it to be rebuilt and the co. will return the CD's to you when they take yours apart. Unless you pry/break it open.

835

Try electrical reset. Pull the owner's manual out & look up fuse box chart to identify one(s) that affect your radio/cd changer. Once identified, pull out the fuse(s) and reinsert. I have 2002 SportTrac. CD changer would not play or eject - just constant "cd error" msg. Turned key to ACC setting & turned on radio. Opened fuse box & pulled both relevant fuses. Radio quit. Turned key fully off & then re-inserted both fuses. Turned key back to ACC, turned on unit & then ejected all 6 cds that had been stuck inside for 3 months. Didn't even lose radio presets.

100

I followed CDDuster's advice and the CD reset itself and is playing again. I found only one fuse- #12 5 amp fuse in my 2002 Ford Escape. Thanks for the help! August 7, 2012 NRCalifornia

20

Wow, pulling the fuse and reinserting worked! 2002 Ford Escape. I am impressed. Invaluable information. Thank you so much. This took less than 5 minutes.

I have the same problem going on with my 2002 Escape.It sounds like everybody has the same radio 6 disk, will i'am going to give it a try. If that doesn't work, i'am going to put. A 6" DVD in dash TV that has everything that. Some of the new Escape's have, i'am even going to put an flip down TV I believe it's a 12 inch TV it even has built-in dome lights in it.

OK so I'm having the same exact problem except the fuse thing is not working any other ideas?

it depends on the type of cd you use. when i use any other CD than the original one it gets stuck.

I located the fuse and pulled it, turned ignition off waited 15 minutes , put fuse in and nothing changed.

I have a 2002 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer edition; V6, 4.0L SOHC. I had the exact same problem as 70Duster above. After taking the CD player out, I immediately noticed the steel casing was piping hot. I was at home, and the issue sprung on me on my way home during a 45 minute overall trip. I think there was a lockup within the player, causing the motor inside the device to drastically overheat. So, since the CD player was out I took it inside and let it cool off, with the anticipation to try the fuse solution presented above. Simply plugging the CD player back in, and turning the ignition into the ACC position, caused the CD player to initialize which I believe is similar to what is needed after the electrical reset. The CD player works fine now and I got the CD's out. Note that the CD-error issue sprung up immediately after ejecting a CD. Overall if you take the CD player out, and notice that the steel casing is very hot, definitely let it cool and see if it initializes upon plugging it back in. Also, while it is initializing, listen to hear if the mechanics are running inside. Lastly, if the issue is resolved, I can also suggest to cycle bewenn ALL 6 discs, if willing to continue using the player. This will at least get the gears moving inside...if there is a way to lubricate them I'd suggest that before cycling between discs, but, from what I've generally heard about CD/DVD players, if you take them apart its almost impossible to put them back together; not to mention if time time/effort is worth it.