My Crown Vic is leaking antifreeze but i cant find the leak and the car is showing signs of overheating but dosent. WHAT DO I DO

5

Asked by Apr 28, 2015 at 04:19 PM about the 1998 Ford Crown Victoria 4 Dr STD Sedan

I just replaced the intake manifold on my 1998 Crown Victoria due to my vehicle constantly overheating. Every other day When i look into the coolant area i noticed that there is no leak visible but the tank is ironically empty. The car always shows the light on the dash that it is running hot but the car does not overheat. I have to put antifreeze in the car almost every other day. WHAT DO I DO? WHAT COULD THIS PROBLEM BE?

70

Could be internal check oil level and color. Fill it up Let it get hot and watch for leaks it's going somewhere

170

If the oil is not gray then it is not in the engine if the transmission fluid is not cloudy then it has to be a leak from around the thermostat housing or seal or under neath by the water pump. Small crack can be sealed with high temperature silicone being careful not to get it in the engine. external fix use a Qtip. Cost of a tube of silicone or form a gasket. Another great fix it trick is the metal gasket stuff. Just make sure not to leak it into the thermostat or water pump. Simple easy holds well. If you still can't find the problem then time to put it on a hoist!

35

Just buy a another 1998 crown Vic or take it in to get t serviced

10

Why is my 2007 crown Victoria leaking transmission fluid?

Same problem after replacing intake. come to find out the pressure that came with the new intake was cause the valve cover gaskets to free themselves...easy fix.

What is my 2003 crown vic situation,i fill my radiator with water cause it read that it was overheatin but then it drains it and i can see the leak but dont know where its comi5 from?

2003 ford crown vic when i fill my radiator up with water it drains it and i can see the leak dont know where its comin from?