not getting fuel

Asked by Jul 23, 2012 at 01:40 AM about the 2000 Ford Contour SVT 4 Dr STD Sedan

car died fuel pump was removed by a mobile mechanic(moron), claiming it was the fp. he wanted to much to repair it so I took the car back and checked the relay and it was that, replaced relay put the FP back in car ran great for about 2 weeks and died. Not getting fuel again!!!!!!! Able to start with a shot of starting fluid. getting a code p1237 anybody know whats going on???

246,965

P1237: Fuel Pump Secondary Circuit Malfunction Possible Causes: Open or shorted FP PWR circuit. Open FP RTN circuit to FPDM. Open or shorted circuit in the fuel pump. Locked fuel pump rotor. Damaged FPDM. So check all your fuel pump wiring for shorts,cuts, kinks and bad grounds.

checked the wiring-all looks ok. I think it might be the pump. Sould I take it to a professional? I'm at my wits end with this car!!!!!

246,965

I can't help further, maybe someone else can. If your at the end of your limits, then yes, it's time to have someone more knowledgable look at it.

Thanks 4 ur help...I'm calling a tow now !