98.5 Ford contour SVT. Engage the clutch and can not put it in gear. It just won't go. I'm looking to trade for it, but want some advice on potential issues with this problem. So far I have thought of slave cylinder and/or pressure plate. Is there anything else I should consider?

Asked by Jun 29, 2013 at 09:53 PM about the 1998 Ford Contour SVT 4 Dr STD Sedan

I don't own it and have never even seen it in person. The above is all I know.

4,835

Master cylinder, slave cylinder, release arm, release bearing or pressure plate, take your pick. But don't rule out the gearbox itself, if you cannot get it into any gear when the engine is not running it's the box itself, otherwise I'd suspect the clutch.

dude its your lave ive owned contour svt since they came out in 98 its not your master its your slave cyclinder which is located in your transmission

Had the same issue. My Contour SVT Clutch felt loose and had no pressure and I noticed Brake Fluid under the car the next day. I went to crank the car and when I pressed my clutch in, it had no pressure. It wouldn't go into gear. Trust me. It's a hard job. You can either pull the engine out or take off the driver side wheels and take the axle, rotors, wheels bearing, axle, etc. Its not easy but the part is cheap and easy to fix. And while your at it replace the Throw Out Bearing.

i your losing brake fluid and pressure in clutch with out seeing it everyboby description of car proublems noboby can say or sure what it is. hows the pressure when press on the brake pedal? cause your clutch and brake fluid share the same resevoir, wwouldnt hurt to look at your master cyclinder if theres no brake pressure.

still think its the slave though witch ill cause your clutch to go out but good news everytime i bought a clutch it came with a slave