How do I tow tracker behind Motorhome?

25

Asked by Aug 31, 2007 at 12:16 PM about the 2000 Chevrolet Tracker Base 4WD

What do I have to do to tow behind a motorhome. Do I set it in drive, netruel, or lift front or rear wheels???

15,165

Hi vember, I found this on the internet. The only reason I'm referencing it is so I'm not held responsible for what happens to your Tracker. http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_are_the_requirements_for_towing_a_95_4X4_Tracker_flat_and_on_a_dolly You might also contact UHaul, Penske and Rider to find out what they have to say about towing your vehicle. Hope this helps!

1,445

Put your 4x4 selector in neutral.Put the transmission in neutral.And leave the steering wheel unlocked.The vehicle must be able to TRACK the vehicle in front.When you turn,It turns.

130

We tow our 2002 Chevy Tracker 4x4 Automatic Transmission ZR-2 all over the place. Put the transfer case in NEUTRAL, the Transmission in PARK. The steering column needs to be unlocked so the front wheels will turn around corners (one key click on). Not sure why someone decided that you have to only go 50 mph, nobody does, we tow at regular highway speeds and have never had a problem. However, one thing we are going to correct is, on long tows, because the key is on, the radio system is wearing down the battery, so my next visit to Camping World, I'm buying the "FuseMaster" adapter, which will allow me to just flip a switch to kill power to the radio. I also have a Chevrolet S-10 pickup, automatic 4x4 that I intend to rig for towing. The owner's manual has the exact same instructions as my Tracker, because I have the model with the four wheel drive mounted on the floor hump, which includes NEUTRAL. Those buyers who paid extra for the 4x4 "Buttons" up on the dash are screwed, no neutral, so those models can't be towed.