Clutch pedal wont come up but it lets me start it felt fluid on inside and pieces of metal on floor board dont know what broke.i have a 1993 ford probe

50

Asked by Jan 30, 2015 at 11:07 AM about the 1993 Ford Probe STD

6,505

Can you provide a picture of the pieces? It could be a spring or part of the main bracket that holds the clutch pedal. Do you feel actual fluid on in the inside of the car? Or you feel the pedals pushing fluid but it just won't reposition the actual pedal? I probably won't be the most beneficial person here.. but the picture will help someone more familiar than myself to help you.

This is not calzilla's but generic probe clutch..will go full screen

Best Answer
50

Ford nut will i have to get a new assembly for it?

50

At first it came up then it just stop after i took my ole lady to work this morning

50

The pedal wont reposition itself

50

Dont feel fluid it just goes straight to the flood when i press the petal

Have you checked the hydraulic fluid? It's same reservoir as brakes.I drew red arrows to it This will go full screen..if your engine does not look like this tell me

Under that is clutch M/C

However I am NOT 100% sure it uses the same reservoir as brakes. Look at cap. I am pretty sure though

50

Fluid is full no leaks there just feel it inside might need new assembly

.

.

Yep, what you said. It's 22 years old and thousands upon thousands of pushing on it. Probe is a good car, but age gets to all of us. And Cars I hope I was at least some help.

50

Yup your right im the second owner it has 218,454 miles on her you were a great help hope its not to much for an assembly

Before you do, check the clutch by using a pry-bar and see if the clutch it's self, the pressure plate is bad, and collapsed. There must be some way to pry on the place where the throwout bearing pushes the pressure plate. It should be real hard to press in. If it goes easily, the pressure plate may be bad, the springs stuck in, on the disengaged position and THAT would be at least part of the trouble. But if the clutch is now engaged, the car won't roll in gear, forget all of what I wrote in this window.