engine

Asked by Feb 13, 2010 at 09:51 PM about the 1993 Ford Festiva L

hello, we are wondering what year of festiva engines fit into a 93?
there is an 89 engine for sale locally and I am wodering if it will just switch out with the old engine?

Johan

125

if you look at the 8 and 10 number on the vin for engine code and they match a swap should work i do not know if an 89 is fuel injected but if you just need the bottom end you can make it work make sure you have the same size motor if this does not help any wrecker you phone can tell you

125

i do not know if you did this conversion already but i want people to know that a carborated engine is the same as fuel injected and a standard will bolt on to an automatic just make sure you put the automatic bushing for the transmission in; take it out if going to standard I replaced all the seals

NO the 89 will not work.