I have a 93 Ford Festiva I just replaced the battery but everytime I start the car and drive then I turn it off it wont start again without jumping the car.

Asked by Jan 06, 2016 at 10:52 AM about the 1993 Ford Festiva GL

145

Have you had a chance to verify that the alternator is producing a charge while the car is running? The battery voltage across the terminals should read about 13.5 to 14.5 volts when the car is running.

6,265

Good answer from Fuel218. Also, what is your symptom when you turn the key and it doesn't start? Do you hear a very loud "CLICK" once and then nothing? Does the starter relay click extremely fast on/off? Something else?