When I'm at about a fourth of a tank of gas, every time I make a right hand turn my car bogs down and sputters.

Asked by Apr 08, 2012 at 02:12 AM about the 1993 Ford Escort 4 Dr LX Hatchback

When I'm at about a fourth of a tank of gas, every time I make a right hand turn my car bogs down and sputters.  I
recently replaced the fuel pump and the float assembly, it's like my car is running out of gas or something, but I still
have about five or 6 gallons of gas left in the tank.  I can't never used the last five-gallons of gas in the tank.  Is the
aftermarket float-assembly slightly off by a few inches or so, or is the gas pick up too high from the bottom of the gas
tank? I've been noticing a lot of escorts on the Internet having this problem.  Is there a special float assembly that
you have to get made by a certain manufacture? I've only had this problem since I change my float-assembly.  I was
going to get one from the dealership but it cost almost $400 for one.  If anyone out there knows a manufacture that
makes one that is the right length that will reach all the way to the bottom of the gas tank on a 93 escort,  please let
me know.

35

I've heard of escorts having issues with there fuel tanks. it isn't a problem that can be repaired. the fuel will slosh to one side during turning leaving the pump to suck on very little fuel. I am not sure at what point the fuel is low enough, or how hard a turn you have to make to cause this.

I know what the problem is I just need to know how to fix it, and I know exactly what it is doing.i