Chirping Sound when car is cold

Asked by Feb 09, 2009 at 02:07 AM about the 1994 Ford Tempo 4 Dr LX Sedan

When I start my car up it will chirp very loudly until the car warms up, then once the car is warm when I got above
2500rpm it chirps! I have heard that it might be the power steering pump or a belt but I just had my power steering
pump and my serpentine belt replaced. Does anyone have any suggestions?

435

sounds like serpentine belt squeek to me, make sure that whoever changed your power steering pump didnt get it off a little and now it it isnt running true, a cold belt will sqeak like that till it gets warm enough and then gets plyable and has some give, it will also wear the belt out premature if it isnt running true