I just bought a 94 tempo 6cyl. I read reviews on it being a sorta gas saver. My car gives me poor gas per gallon. Air filter is brand new, besides doing a fuel sys. Cleaning and spark plugs, any other suggestions?? Thanks...tempo4/4

10

Asked by Feb 20, 2013 at 05:39 PM about the 1994 Ford Tempo 4 Dr GL Sedan

232,125

Clean throttle body and Correct tire pressure. It was 26 city and 34 Highway new. Are you sure you are calculating MPG correctly? Fill the tank, mark the mileage from the odometer. Drive till close to empty, refill with gas. mark the mileage again and take the difference in miles divided by gallons.

Best Answer
10

How do I clean throttle body? Tires are set at manufacturers rec. I did do the mileage on the odometer and honestly I didn't even want to check the gallons per tank. This is a 15 gallon tank?

232,125

Fuel tank is 15.9 max capacity, between fillups, your probably only pumping in 12-14 gallons. Here is a video on how to clean the TB, your car will look different but similar. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMa0nom1iwc

10

Thanks I will definitely check it out and repost results. Thanks Tom!

already I'm suspecting the EGR, because I've seen it's evil ways, and poor performance is one key...along with dying, and stalling on acceleration-