how do i unlock my cars engine so it could go faster than 100mph

Asked by Jul 12, 2013 at 11:59 PM about the 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Long Bed 2WD

how do i unlock my cars engine so it coud go fatser than 100 trying to make my
2004 silverado single cab go faster than 100 mph so i could smoke in car in my way. my
truck has a 2012 chevrolet corvete engine.

You want us to tell you how to be illegal and dangerous- sorry, you'll have to do that on your own- and I hope you get caught-

23,675 want to tamper with your engine so that you can "smoke ANY car that gets in your way"?'ve just confirmed all of the stereotypes that I've always thought about dudes who drive gigantor trucks!

Is this a joke, nosmo? You're kidding, right? racer makes me laugh but your jokes are not funny- you must be really bored to post stupid questions like this- if you have Corvette equipment in your pickup, there is no speed limiter on the computer controls- A 2012 Corvette will go 180 MPH straight up- stop wasting people's time and get back to working on your arrested development

John Carson

First, go back to school and finish your English writing and spelling classes. Your question does not make sense. Second, the correct spelling is "Corvette". Third, smoking is bad for your health. Why can you only smoke above 100 MPH? Do you know how dangerous it is to drive a large pickup over 100 mph? Do you even have your driver's license yet?

23,675 apparently own a 2012 Audi R8 V10 GT Spyder (I took a sneak peek in your garage). Why don't you use THAT to smoke the lesser beings on the highways...Why fool around with your truck?

Top speed is limited by the PCM (Powertrain Control Module). You may be able to have the PCM re-flashed to increase top speed but I doubt it. Unless you're at the track you don't need to be going that fast. On a side note, my Nephew has an '03 Silverado with the 5.3 liter V8. He's had his truck to 100 MPH more than once. He's 23 years old and still "indestructible". HTH. -Jim

Why are you guys being dicks? It was a simple question.. If it's to illegal for you then why are you getting involved? I mean you were navigated to this page somehow.. Right? People get curious and it's always better using a tool such as the internet to have an answer to a question right away; or close to. Don't put people down and accuse them of being illegal or automatically assume that they're going to do something illegal. It's not your place. Maybe in the future suggest that it is illegal or fit it into an answer, somehow. I am interested in how a vehicle is governed and how you can tweak it. That is why I was brought to this page. Thanks for those of you who answered with information. Take care.

John Carson

Twosrokeadmire: Stay on you little bike and leave the big boys alone. The limit on speed is governed by many things. First is the electronic control module that may have a speed/RPM limiter built in. Either bypass it or get one that can be programed to allow speeds in a big wheel truck above a set speed. Second is the rear end ratio. This my God is a truck that is geared for low speed to pull and haul heavy loads so it needs low gearing to get going and keep the RPMs high for the top power range, between 2500 to 4000 RPM. If you ever looked at HP or Torque specs, high RPM has the torque curve dropping way down and having a loss of power. HP also drops after the torque drops. Then there is the transmission in trucks, geared for low speed because, trucks are still made for work. Motorcycle nuts like you wouldn't understand that, with a revving engine hitting well over 10G (that's 10,000 revolution per minute). HP and torque is different than a truck or sports car, even a family car for that matter. If nosmo wants speed, he needs to spend money. What's that saying in nearly every speed shop above the counter? "How fast do you want to go? How much money do you have?" He needs to change rear ends, transmission, beef up the engine, and then change all the electronics on a truck set-up. If that answer gives you a woodie, so be it. Oh and don't forget the suspension adjustments. Tires, brakes, and a good bails bondsman are also necessary, along with a last will. So to you Twostrokeadmire, there are no stupid questions, but if you don't want the answer, don't ask the question. The answers came from a lot of very experienced people that have driven around the block many times, and at times very fast. Listen to the experience here. Go lick your wounds.

PCM... Cant be reconfigured to allow your vehicle to run faster smoother and more fuel efficient.. You should also up grade air intake, exhaust.. If wanting more need to modify enigine whole lot more and will cost whole lot more. Don't listen to all these people who are afraid to go 2 miles over speed limit.. Or afraid to pass tractor-trailers... Good Lord gave us the knowledge and know how to make things better in this life I'm not gonna waste it... And its not about going fast its just being safe when you do jack asses. If you ever near Charlotte I'll take you to the race track let you open it up.... While the rest of these pussies pay to watch us....

JET PERFORMANCE sell products to assist

Gilbert Esparza

I was reading and it set it got something to do whit the tires

John Carson

Gilbert, tires have speed ratings. That is what a tire is designed for, either as a truck to handle higher weight, or sports car tires to handle higher speed. Normal tires are made for smooth rid9ing, long wear and economy. Sports tires are made for traction on dry roadways, flex control for hard cornering, and temp throw off to keep the tires cool. Sports car tires due to the design have a shorter life span. Truck tires should last a long time due to construction, hard rubber and low speeds and low heat from friction due to low speeds. Regular vehicle tires are semi hard to semi soft. The harder the tire, the rougher the ride but longer life. They are usually rated below 100 MPH tires. Sports car tires are softer rubber for traction, scrub off the rubber faster, and a ride that picks up road noise and bumps. To go faster, with tires only you get a taller tire, but that may only add 5 to 8 MPH, but it will take more energy to run them so you may stay near the same on speed. Back to the truck, most truck bodies are not designed for speed and push a lot of air at high speed, also making them unstable. The geometry of the suspension needs to be beefed up, and attachments to keep the air from lifting the body at higher speeds. Mosquitoes (sports cars) are small and thin and fly very fast and can maneuver quite well. Bumble bees (trucks) fly slow and don't move very will at all.

Wow none of you know what your talking about go up to a Cadillac dealership they have no governor buy a chip for your truck it will unlock the speed governor have fun be safe as far as tires mine has 20's and the only thing you need to worry about besides tire rating is the drive shaft there very long on a truck and if the front blows the u joints and it hits the ground some bad stuff could happen get it beefed up and made out of something very strong carbon fiber something I got a 5.e pushing little over 600hp gets up to 150 pretty quick