Where can I find used parts.

Asked by Feb 10, 2013 at 07:18 PM about the 1994 Ford Taurus SHO

Heater blower controls. They are shot. Is there a way to switch those over to the basic heater controls?

I've endorsed car-part.com as THE source for used parts. If they arent listing a specific item there are ALL salvagers in the US listed there, make a few phone calls and make the monkey dance. You too could be that greasemonkey that does the dancing when you visit Pick N pull or whichever junkyard may contain your model.

8,345

If it is just the blower control that is gone, the first thing I would change is the resistor pack. Check the service manual for where they have put it. It is normally a $10 or $15 part that the wires from the dash control come into, and then one lead out to the motor. If one is gone, you will lose that one speed. If the entire unit is gone, no fan at all.

795

Ebay motors, car-parts.com, sho forums.

10

Hey Masojka Purchasing used car from junkyard is a very difficult task and hectic as well. I am very thankful to some of the reliable used auto parts dealers like http://www.autopartsfair.com/auto_parts.html who have made the task of purchasing used cars very easy and convenient. Without their help I would have never able to purchase a used car for myself.

think that Michael nailed it. just a PITA to disassemble and scrunch your head all up in there, but someone's gotta do it. got a son?