2000 monte carlo 3.4

Asked by Mar 29, 2017 at 08:12 PM about the 2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS

So I did a head gasket on my monte and I can't
figure out where one wire connects to.it says ped
33 on the connector.I know where the rest go just
one it's driving me nuts I'll upload a picture it's the
one on my pointer finger .I tried to find a diagram
but no luck ..please help

76,335

Those connectors are specific to where they plug in, so you can't make a mistake. I think once you start hooking things up you'll find where is goes. Its gotta be in the area of where it lies.

Indeed but after I hooked it all up one plug left I can't find nowhere it goes

21,115

When working on a car/truck I have never done before I use a cheap auto parts label to tag each item with my notes and put it on the wire/part, second I pull off everything in a specific order and put back together in reverse. Look it over retrace your actions and hold the connector in your hand and see what all it would reach too with out pulling to far and you should find where it went.

21,115

See if it goes to the Canister Vent Solenoid Connector

76,335

Or the Mass Air Flow Sensor in the air intake tube.

It's in between alternator and coil packs

21,115

Also looks like a Oil Level Sensor Connector plug.

76,335

Ignition Control Module maybe?

76,335

Can you post a pic of the end of it?

This

The one next to the coil pack wire

21,115

Here is a pic of the engine oil level sensor Connector.

76,335

That looks like it to me, oil level sensor.

21,115

Also up in the front near radiator or grill area is a Ambient outside Air Temperature Sensor Connector the parts store website shows the same plug for it too

The wire is three inches long between alternator firewall side so I don't think it would reach

21,115

I looked threw all the engine connectors and only see those two that look just like that one with the blue jacket over it.

21,115

3 inches, not very far, must be in a spot that is hard to see within that 3 inch area.

HAHHAHHAHA Yeah I Apreciate THE Feed back

21,115

Would it reach under the intake?

Maybe I was thinking that too but what's down there

21,115

May need to get a mirror and light or a mechanics mirror with a light and look under the upper intake.

I took it off I didn't see anything

First wire plugs into ignition module on coil pack second is the one I'm stuck on next wire plugs into heated O2 sensor then alternator maybe someone has a 3.4 and can trace it or if I could find a diagram

21,115

That last picture the plug looks a little dusty, if it had been plugged up for 17 years I would think it would be cleaner. May could be a option you do not have and has never been attached, Have you tried to crank it up? If so is anything not working.

No I gotta replace fluids tomorrow then I might try to crank her up its actually clean just my hands got it dirty I got another car with a 3.1 wonder if it's the same I looked a little but couldn't really see I'll have to dig into it more

Runs check engine light is on now

21,115

Scan computer fr Codes, it will tell which sensor it connect to.

Ok do you need a scanner?my scanner say link error

21,115

96 forward needs a scanner, so yes. I remember getting that message before it ended up being a wire between the scan port connector and computer, I think a wire had pulled out some from the back of port connector, but in your case it could be anywhere or even the computer itself.

21,115

Depending on the number of control modules If its a ground/or short issue one would hook scan tool up then go around unhooking each module (like ABS or traction control) one at a time until the scan tool does not have the error, then you know which control module is having issue, then retrieve the codes set by the main PCM and also trace the offending modules reason for not communicating, (bad ground, bad wires to it ect.

Code po341

So the disconnected plug must connect to it somehow

Still can't figure it out lol

Two orange wires

21,115

Its P0341 CHEVROLET - Camshaft Position Sensor 'A' Circuit Range/Performance.

21,115

The Camshaft Position Sensor is located on the RH side of the engine, below the intake plenum.

It's under the steering pump on this one

21,115

I just looked the part up it has a short wire harness that has a connector that has a 3 prong connection so yours is a 2 prong so it may not be it but there is a issue with your camshaft sensor or connection or wire harness or elsewhere.

21,115

Then possible its a 2 prong.

Oh yeah that one's plugged into the map sensor black box thingy

21,115

Does it (black box) also have a spot for the on you trying to locate.

Notta

21,115

They will take this picture down but fro now save it or look at it good and look for this its the Oil Level Sensor.

21,115

It (3.4l gm Oil Level Sensor) located on the oil pan looks like firewall side a little more than halfway down side of oil pan.

21,115

Diagram.

Yeah that's on front by radiator

21,115

Look at this wiring diagram number 6 is EGR Vacuum Solenoid (not the egr valve) depending on location of that 3 inch wire connector it looks like it too I looked its connector and looks similar. Then under number 2 is a connector which has no label. which one of those do you think it is? The EGR Vacuum Solenoid look like pic below which will disappear soon.

21,115

The connector for it (not OEM) looks like this below and is 2 prong similar to yours, if its it just need to find the EGR Vacuum Solenoid, Pic will disappear soon too.

Yeah that's plugged in has 3 prong plug it's on the wrong side

That's the plug though except with orange wires

This thread has same question but unanswered..http://www.justanswer.com/chevy/2u 7ur-2000-monte-carlo-wiring-harness-label- alternator.html

21,115

Well my next idea I would do is go to a junk yard or friend or find another car like yours and look for where its hooked up at, may be the fastest way to get it done.

True