What else could it be

Asked by May 04, 2014 at 07:54 PM about the 1994 Ford Ranger STX Standard Cab 4WD SB

I have replaced my fuel pump, fuel
pressure regulator , and I've got
pressure to the regulator and it will
run when I spray in starter fluid but
it's like it's blocked from the reg to
the injectors what can I do to fixed it

Check the fuel injectors fuse, if they are good then you will have to check for injector pulse from the ECM. Old Ford OBD1 system can be a bit of a nightmare to get checked out.

Funny, I cut my teeth on the EEC-IV (OBD1) systems and still don't see why people think it's a nightmare. I went to a 5-day class at the Ford Facilities in Milpitas, CA in 1988. It isn't a bad system at all. You didn't state which engine you have but all 3 engines operate the same way. the PCM pulses the injectors based on the input it gets from the ignition module mounted to the side of the distributor. You have spark and it is in time or it would not run at all. There is an Inertia Switch (Impact Switch) and a Fuel pump relay on this model. The fuel pump relay is usually Green in color and mounted with PCM and AC Clutch relays on the left fender apron (but not always). The Inertia Switch is behind the right kick panel. You can plug a test light into it and turn the key on to see if there's power. The fuel pump system only runs for 3 seconds with the engine off. Last but not least, check the actual fuel pressure - a squirt from the schrader on the injector rail means very little.

Tracy, I was referring to the nightmare finding a shop that has all of the equipment to check the old system, it can be a bit of a problem if you have to hook up the breakout box and do it one circuit at a time, especially when the ohms readings are off specs. Then there is the older MCU system.

Understood. I'll bet that it's pretty difficult to find a Breakout Box these days.