power window gear

25

Asked by Nov 04, 2007 at 12:31 PM about the 1996 Chevrolet Monte Carlo 2 Dr Z34 Coupe

gear is laying in the bottom of the door....dont have a clue where it goes...please help

long round part of motor is going to be straight up,first i thine the factory rivots broke you will need to get 3 nuts and bolts,see if u see 3 round look like washers with a pin through middle,possable they fell off,anewayraise up motor and line 3 bracket holes on motor to 3 holes matching in door ,you should see shaft with gears to line up motor with also push windo all way up duct tape if have to bolt back up and give it a try ,20 minutes tops.

14,365

Do your windows work? Is it a small gear that may go on the window motor or to the window assembly? Some of the parts are attached with electric welds or rivets. If it was the window assembly, I suggest buying a complete new assembly. If one part broke, the others are not far behind. Take the other door apart on the passenger side and see if you can find a matching gear. Summit has new assemblies for the windows as does GM or other good parts suppliers. I replaced my window assembly in my 69 Corvette last year, (40+ years old), and it works better than new from the factory.