My back Hatch on a 1995 hatch back is stuck closed. The key part has fallen apart and fell inside the door. The question is can I disengage the door from inside? DIdn't come with a remote release..

Asked by May 30, 2012 at 10:30 AM about the 1995 Chevrolet Lumina Minivan 3 Dr STD Passenger Van

246,385

Only thing I can help you out with is somehow your going to have to crawl to the back of your van and loosen the inside trim panel by removing any screws you can see. Then try to pull out the panel just far enough to squeeze your hand behind it and then you can feel around for the locking mechanism rod and work it manually. Be careful not to pull the plastic trim too far out or you'll break it.