van running hot after replacing radiator - may be head gasket

Asked by Jul 03, 2011 at 09:14 PM about the 1995 Chevrolet Lumina Minivan 3 Dr STD Passenger Van

I had a bad leak of antifreeze and  had the radiator replaced. Today I called the guy working on my van and he said after he replaced the RADIATOR he drove it a few miles and it still is running hot and spewing at the RADIATOR.  Now he say it could be the head gasket and I may want to think about getting another car.  I don't know what to do now - money is very tight. Please give me any advise anyone may have with similiar problems..

maybe the water pump if the pump aint pumping into the block it wont cool that could of been where the antifreeze was leaking out when a water pump goes out it leaks. out the weap hole

Hey Melissa, Thank you for this information. I will tell the mechanic tomorrow as my car is still with him.