How Do I Open Hood When Cable Broke at Hood Latch and Hood is Closed ?

Asked by Randy Jun 23, 2016 at 04:18 PM about the 1994 Chevrolet Lumina Minivan Passenger FWD

How Do I Open Hood With Cable
Broke at Hood Latch and Hood
Closed ?????

283,095

It's hard but you have to remove the lower valance panel and possibly some of the front bumper cover screws enough to gain access to the latching unit under the upper radiator core support then you have to have a long pry bar that is not too wide on the end to get between the latch and the release pawl and pry it sideways to release the hood, now some people have been able to do it by going through the grill but I've never been that lucky without breaking something. If all of that is just too much you can try one of the mobile lockout people or possibly a mobile mechanic.