1994 Chevrolet lumina van 3.8 L will not charge has new alternator

Asked by Jan 14, 2014 at 01:27 AM about the 1994 Chevrolet Lumina Minivan 3 Dr STD Passenger Van

volt meter start falling engine starts stalling trans want shift right has been correcting itself
but now it is not charging at all

Is it a rebuild alternator or new? I've seen rebuilts faulty out of the box. Take it back and get another one.

the old alternator checked out ok but thinking it was charging sometimes and sometimes not same problem now with rebuilt one i was wondering if system has any relays or fuses which could cause this

tom this is foots i ask another question in the answer section sorry about that just getting to know how to use the computer i am old school but any help you can give me on this is really appreciated have checked the wires and body ground

There is a fuse-able link that runs from starter, check that. My van would start and not charge after 3 alternators I found that wire popped. Hope this helps.