94 ranger ext cab, center seat console...

335

Asked by Feb 07, 2013 at 02:52 AM about the 1994 Ford Ranger XL Extended Cab SB

On the 402040 ext cab front seat, the folding center seat... the latch on the lid has broken, and needs replaced. Where can I
find one besides dealership that's new(er) and fairly cheap or a good repair that will last? Salvage yards usually give the same
answer (good luck finding that).

335

In case it's needed, blue interior.

6,585

I hardly think that you are going to find ANY interior parts for a '94 Ranger or any other '94 Ford at a dealership. Ford and General Motors only go back 7 years on replacement parts and I doubt a console lid was even considered a stockable replacement part back in the 90's. You best and only bet is a junkyard and even then pickins are gonna be slim. Most '94 Rangers were driven hard and put away wet so to speak. Junkyards nowadays only keep a vehicle on their lot for 2 weeks max, after that whatever is left is crushed for scrap. Plus most Rangers in the late 80's thru the 90's rotted away by now. Unless you have a show vehicle, if it's a daily driver you are going to have to either live with it being broken or rig something up yourself the best way that you know how. Without seeing it, I can't give you a fix for it. Maybe find something in the aftermarket that would replace it at one of the automotive truck seat manufacturers. Just google truck seats and it should pull up a bunch of seating websites.. Good Luck, Kenny/MrBlueOval

335

Thanks MrBlue, kinda figured that much... think I did get that answer. The problem was a common one from what I heard, the tab on the lid breaks off so it doesn't latch. Had a bungie around it for a little while, then took the console out to see what kind of rig up I could do. Thinking maybe a tab from a child lock system for cabinets might work.

6,585

Maybe a console latch from a similar vehicle like a chevy blazer or possibly another Ford like a Taurus or Mercury Sable. Ford probably used the same latch on another car. You'll just have to take an afternoon and scrounge the bigest junkyard/s for something that will work. I'm sure you'll find something similar. Good Luck again, Kenny/MrBluOval