What is the best way to get at the Distributor, Spark Plugs, and Ignition Wires?

175

Asked by Jul 15, 2011 at 01:29 PM about the 1993 Chevrolet Chevy Van 3 Dr G30 Cargo Van

I was looking to tune up my 1993 G30 Cargo Van by replacing the distrubtor, plugs and wires, do an oil change, etc etc as I just bought it used.  What is the best way to get at the Distributor, Spark Plugs, and Ignition Wires?  Please keep in mind that I do not have a hoist, but I do have access to electrical and part location diagrams.  I am familiar with where these pieces are and how to replace them (if I can get at them), but I am unable to reach them from the front of the engine/vehcile.  Any ideas?  Should I jack up the van, put it on stands and come at it from underneath to get the back 4 plugs and wires? (5 & 7, 6 & 8).. Any tips for doing this in the yard would be greatly appreciated.

355

LOL the acces is by the inside of the van..remove the center console..(one clip each side or maybe two 13mm bolts ) everything can be done by the interior..distributor is at the back of the engine ;)..firring order=1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2 ;)

355

be gentle with the distributor cap screws..they are very easy to broke ;)..