cargo door latches are stuck on one side of the back and side. How can I fix them?

Asked by Jan 09, 2007 at 12:16 PM about the 1992 Chevrolet Chevy Van 3 Dr G10 Cargo Van

How can I fix the door latches?

25,060

Hi Russ. The first thing I'd try is drenching the latches in WD40 and seeing if that helps things. But this may be a case of the latches failing. If you can get the doors open it's a pretty manageable weekend project on most model years. Take a trip to your local library for the Chilton's for your van's model year. That should give you a step-by-step guide to switching them out. If you think you'd like to take on the project you should call your chevy dealer to order you the latch kits. Good luck!

If it is the LH drivers side rear door, then the door handle needs to be replaced. I'm checking to see of a 98 Savana handle is the same as the Suburban. Check ebay for the "CARGO DOOR LATCH". I'll post after this weekend when I'll pull the latch off of both and see if they are the same. I think your part # is 14063113 from GM.