LouB. Cargo doors stuck shut.

Asked by Jan 11, 2007 at 10:02 AM about the 1992 Chevrolet Chevy Van 3 Dr G10 Cargo Van

LouB, Thank You! - I have tried several different methodes to get the doors to open. As a matter of fact, just last night I was at the local dealership and speaking with their number one body man and the number two service tech. Both of them advised that I've got a fight on my hands. The side door will be much less difficult than the rear. At least on the side door I have a tension rod that I can pop off the assembly and use a pair of pliers to open(according to both guys). The rear door will be much less friendly. According to both guys I should "Do whatever it takes" to get the door open and then replace the assembly. The previous owner apparently tried to get the door open with vise grips and a pry bar. Which destroyed the fulcrum for the lever and left mounting area some what torn up. So, I'm thinkin' dynamite! (Just kidding) - But, I know what I'll be doing with the next warm week-end.  - Thanks again.  -  Russ

80

try using a polymer lubricant in the trouble areas this may make it less of a head ache.

you have to take the interior panel off and then you can get to it better. Then look for the rods that go to the bottom and the top and pull the in the correct direction to open the door. I never get the panels back on right as they are hard to get in place so I used a self tapping sheet metal screw and drilled through the plastic panels and secured them in four places. Now if I ever have to take them off again I can just take the screws out " make sure you place the screws so you can reach them if the doors are shut" hope this helps..Uncle Kesse