LouB. Cargo doors stuck shut.

Asked by Jan 11, 2007 at 10:02 AM about the 1992 Chevrolet Chevy Van 3 Dr G10 Cargo Van

LouB, Thank You! - I have tried several different methodes to get the doors to open. As a matter of fact, just last night I was at the local dealership and speaking with their number one body man and the number two service tech. Both of them advised that I've got a fight on my hands. The side door will be much less difficult than the rear. At least on the side door I have a tension rod that I can pop off the assembly and use a pair of pliers to open(according to both guys). The rear door will be much less friendly. According to both guys I should "Do whatever it takes" to get the door open and then replace the assembly. The previous owner apparently tried to get the door open with vise grips and a pry bar. Which destroyed the fulcrum for the lever and left mounting area some what torn up. So, I'm thinkin' dynamite! (Just kidding) - But, I know what I'll be doing with the next warm week-end.  - Thanks again.  -  Russ

60

try using a polymer lubricant in the trouble areas this may make it less of a head ache.