Can't fill my fuel tank

Asked by Aug 23, 2010 at 10:47 PM about the 1991 Chevrolet Chevy Van 3 Dr G30 Cargo Van Extended

Every gas pump I try shut off very prematurely no matter which way I hold the pump handle to get as much venting as possible.  I get squeeze off a nickel of gas before shutoff.  I checked the main vent line and replaced some hoses in the fuel line.  Has anybody had a similiar problem and might I be looking at an evap canister problem?  If so, where's the evap canister?  This is for a Rockwood RV so some things were of course retrofitted.
Thanks

15

i hve the same problem just hold the pump out a little bit so the fumes can get out that way and the canister is usualy right in the front corner near the grill most likly on the drivers side

185

The vap is under the hood right under your rad overflow...the gas needs to go in slower...stations raise the pump pressure to get customers thru faster

225

It's not an EVAP issue, sounds like either the vent from the tank top to fillerneck is blocked, or the filler hose from the side of the van isn't sloped correctly to the fuel tank anymore.

Having the same issues did you find out what the problem is i have a 93 g20 conversation van