the car will idle fine and rive up fine sitting in park but when i go to drive it i cant give it more than a quarter throttle or it bogs down and sometimes backfires a little

Asked by Dec 26, 2012 at 07:14 PM about the 1994 Ford Mustang GT Convertible

1994 mustang gt 5.0 liter engine with edelbrock intake and plantum, bbk cold air intake, 410 gears  and its an automatic with a shift kit. I didny drive it for a  few days  so when i started it today a friend told me to try running it with the mass air flow sensor unhooked so i did  and it ran fine for about 10 minuites but started doing it again

forgot the car also has an aftermarket fuel pump

102,735

Try cleaning the mass air flow sensor.

295

Check tat the cold air intake filter is not too close to the radiator cooling fan. If it picks up any kind of airflow from he fan it will drive the MAF sensor crazy. THis hapened to me once.

145

Agree...clean mass air

295

Also check the fuel filters and your fuel pump pressure.

i got some cleaner and cleaned tha maf and it didnt do anything different and the filter is no where near the fan so were good there also i did run it down the road with maf sensor unhooked and it ran great for about 10 minuites except for as we all know it wont idle right without th maf hooked up but it opened up and ran fine for like i said about 10 min and started bogging down again and it was getting dark so ijparked it. tomorrow im gona try pulling the distrubitor and checking my ecm and the plate that bolts down the distributor and check my fuel filter and pump pressure thanks everyone and any other ideas you have im all ears i miss driving my baby and just totaled my 99 convertible so this one is all i got left. Thanks

295

I hope you were not hurt. You can always get another car but your safety us what is really important!

i went from a 55mm to a 65mm maf do i now need to increase the air flow on the mass air