How do I fix a gas leak in my Astro Van?

Asked by Jul 09, 2014 at 03:02 PM about the 2000 Chevrolet Astro Cargo Van 3 Dr STD Cargo Van Extended

I've provided a picture, the leak is happening, I presume because the metal clasp was
moved. I was involved in a collision and that's probably why the clasp was shifted. How
can I fix this without going to a mechanic?

14,365

The metal clasp takes a slotted screw driver. Turn the screw counter-clock wise to loosen it. Slide the clasp down to near the end. Make sure the tube and rubber tubing are tight and secure. No dimples or dents. If the rubber tubing appears old or damaged, replace it. Once everything is back in place, tighten the clasp so it fits over the pipe. Don't over tighten it, nor leave it lose either. Clean off everything and dry it. Start the vehicle and check if the leak has stopped. It should if the tube is not bent or dimpled.