my 96 astro van stopped working

Asked by Sep 28, 2013 at 04:18 AM about the 1996 Chevrolet Astro Cargo Van 3 Dr STD Cargo Van Extended

I went to start my van today and it wont start. when i go to turn the key the engine
turns over but it wont start.. I checked my fuel line and its pumping out gas and i
checked my spark plugs and they are firing. I was hoping that you could give me a few
tips on what to look for to figure out what is going on here. everything seems to be ok
and it seems to me that i should not be having this problem, even though it is a 1996,
it only has just under 200,000km on it. Thankyou and i look forward to hearing from
you.

1,490

if you have fuel and fire, that brings up the timing issue. timing chain ?

10

my 1998 astro did the same thing, i finally figured it out. It was the distributer cap