Headers for the Astro/Safari??

65

Asked by Jan 25, 2011 at 03:42 AM about the 1995 Chevrolet Astro Cargo Van Extended RWD

Hi,
Does anybody make tube headers for the Astro/Safari 4.3 v-6 vortec engine?
Has anyone found something close that could be modified?
Thank you,
AmmoGuy 8-)
Aim small, miss small.

3,885

I believe that Hedman Hedders and Edelbrock both make headers for the 4.3 in late 80's S-10's. It could be a tricky fit for long tube headers, but shorty headers should fit no problem.

elelbrock makes a set for the s-10. shorty config. with y-pipe.

65

It's me Ammo Guy, I talked to Edelbrock the other day. They do not make/list headers for the Astro van. The tech was VERY skeptical that S-10 applications would fit the Astro van. Darn... My best bet would be to optimize the "Y" pipe and rest of the exhaust. Thank you for your posts. 8-)

3,885

With a bit of custom fabrication on the exhaust pipe, I don't see any reason there would be an issue fitting shorty headers, since they take up about the same space as stock manifolds and the 4.3 is exactly the same between the S10 and Astro van. In a situation like this, go by engine and cross-referencing part numbers rather than vehicle, which is why I've been able to find several custom parts for my AMC Jeep pickup that supposedly don't fit it.