van loses speedometer after driving. volt meter also quits. new alternator and vss. problem persists.

Asked by Mar 15, 2015 at 06:18 PM about the 1993 Chevrolet Astro Cargo Van 3 Dr STD Cargo Van

If you were here in Bakersfield, California, I would have you bring your vehicle in for a diagnostic. As it is, you are more than likely not. Try and find a reputable Auto Repair shop and take your vehicle to them. There are many different things that can cause these problems, and without a proper diagnosis there is no one solution. The next easiest thing to do would be to install a known functioning instrument cluster and see if the problem persists at that point. A used unit should do the trick, but can lead to false negatives due to the nature of junkyard parts. Thank you for your time, and best of luck. Any further questions for me, call us at 6614327704! -Evan @iKarz Speedometers