about how much $ would it take to fully survice a ford escort 2dr with 62500 miles that has been sitting about 2 years

Asked by Mar 31, 2008 at 02:01 AM about the 1994 Ford Escort 2 Dr LX Hatchback

it has been started and drove up a side road the owner took fair care of it then she died

200.00 to300.00 to fully service it

95

Here is a link to some basic tuneup items for you http://www.partsamerica.com/ShoppingCart.aspx do not forget an oil change. The car hold 4qts with oil filter. The OEM Motorcraft oil filter for it is a FL400s. Factory oil wight is 5w-0 but you can use 10w-30 in the car if you like. I hope this helps and gets you in the ball park. By the way the oil drain plug is a 16mm and you must use a wrench a ratchet and socket will not fit. Also for cheap insurance I would also change the thermostat and flush/fill the radiator with fresh antifreeze. The car has a 195 degree thermostat in it from the factory, try to get one as close to this as you can, anything cooler may "trick" or "fool" the computer and the car may run a bit rich causing it to burn more gas than it should. Check your belts and hoses and make sure that are not dry rotted or stiff. If they are, they are also cheap to replace on that car. Overall if the car you have is in good shape, it will serve you well for many years if you take car of it and drive it like an econobox, because it sure is not a drag race queen. LOL :) Hope this helps. I think you can certainly do it for around $100 and $200 at the extreme depending on what you find as you go along, a hose for example.