I have an over heating issue How can a Water pump stop pumping if the belt and all is good?

10

Asked by Mar 07, 2014 at 10:44 PM about the 1994 Ford Bronco XLT 4WD

I have flushed cooling system and replaced things as thermostat and switch and temp
sensor. I left the thermostat out to check flow of coolant. The water pump is only at the
most 2 years old. When vehicle is running it does not flow in the radiator like I think it
should? I think I need to replace water pump but cant understand what could be wrong
in it because its a water pump. Its direct drive and I dont see how  propeller would not
work. I can squeeze top radiator hose and it also colapses. It all seems as the water
pump aint working. I took top hose off and held my hand over the end. it pumps some
but not the pressure I think it needs..... any ideas.... Help please.....

110,985

Impellers can go bad. Did vehicle sit without being driven for a while? If so I would suspect impeller issues due to rust/warped.

10

Vehicle has been ran. It all started wit the tube cracked coming out of intake to manifold. Replaced that and all the other stuff then. Just think I should see circulated water through radiator. Right?? Thanks for your in put.

110,985

Did you bleed all the air out of the cooling system after the repairs? An air pocket in cooling system could possibly be what's causing this issue.

10

I do believe all air is out.