1960 Corvette

Asked by Jul 06, 2014 at 10:58 AM about the 1960 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe

Would like to remove my duel quad intake and install a single 4 barrel carb. Need to know what manifold, carburetor & air filter will fit as I do not want to alter the hood in any way.
Thanks
  ral

13,145

Do you want to keep it original? There is a lot of Corvette enthusiasts looking for your dual quad set-up that may trade you for the intake manifold. A stock 60's Chevy intake manifold will fit as almost all engines were built similar. If you don't care about originality, look at aftermarket manufactures. Edelbrock being one. You can call them and ask if they make or have an intake manifold for your Corvette and what carburetor is recommended. They also can tell you if it will fit under the hood. I did this when I put my dual quads on my 69 Corvette.

13,145

A duel quad 1960 Corvette is worth a lot more money if it is all original than an after market single carburetor. If it is gas mileage your after, you can always adjust the second carburetor like I did not to come on line until 3,000 RPM if that is what you want. Also consider changing out the old carburetors for new ones that have less thrust. Again, call the top carburetors manufacturers for advice. Some are taller that the original ones, so make sure you get that information to them. What every you do or go, keep the duel set up so if you sell the car, you can include it with the total sales package.

Thanks for your reply. I'll tell him what you said. I think he'll keep his setup. ral.