engine misses and loses power wheni sart it and is worse when i turn on a/c. It also emits a bad gas fumes.

Asked by Aug 02, 2014 at 04:07 PM about the 1995 Ford Thunderbird LX

The car was parked and idling with a/c on and began to run real ruff. Then it started to miss ad back fire until it died. After that I start the car and it would hardly idle and die. Now I can start it but If I turn on the a/c the engine bogs way down and emits a wering noise and tries to die.

6,535

I have to guess that this is a daily driver and this just suddenly happened. Is that correct? For now, it sounds like your choke may be stuck and causing it to run rich enough to choke down. Also, there could be a clutch problem with the AC and/or a cutoff switch bad.

Idle control was the problem with my 97 thunderbird.it fixed my car and had a bad o2sensor and a bad fuel injecter and old vacuum hoses leaked but idle control was defiantly was the problem with a.c. issue...