honest price for installing complete AC system in '88 corvette?

Asked by Oct 28, 2015 at 02:42 PM about the 1988 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe RWD

And what do you guys think an honest price is for installing the complete AC system Compressor with clutch New accumulator / receiver drier New expansion device and including the evaporator -- all 3 or 4 parts? He is not a certified mechanic, but he has 25 years of experience...... Thanks to everyone!

Go to the web site for "Classic Auto Air" or call 877.342.5526. They make custom made to fit your car complete A/C units for autos without prior A/C units or to replace / repair the A/C units in cars that came with factory air.

I got Denso for my AC parts....and also A/C Delco.... I heard go back to original plus only choose A/C Delco if you can find it... Done a lot of research.... To install all AC (5) parts (full AC) as I mentioned above including my serpentine belt tensioner and new belt I found another mechanic "who is certified" and he said he'd do a diagnostic's check as well -- all for $350.00 I think this is more than fair........What do you guys think?

If you originally thought you had to replace your entire A/C system, you were either miss led or not to familiar with the systems. The advice is correct. Not knowing what is the issue with your system it could be a blown hose, or compressor that is bad, or something even simpler. It is best to replace and not mix and try to match components. A system check and tune-up for $350 is reasonable. Lesson is to look around for the HONEST and GOOD mechanic. They are out there, and a little research will save a lot of heart, head aches and money. My 46 year old Corvette should have all the parts replaced as new technology has been developed and from what I heard, works better than the old factory stuff. The compressor has changed for the better, and you may consider the new type if you can do it.