What is the value of a 1986 corvette used with a newer motor and a rough interior that needs work?

Asked by Mar 10, 2012 at 12:34 AM about the 1986 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe

I found this car on craigslist. The add was listed for $3000 and that was a reduced price. The only details it came with was no oil leakage, newer motor, runs good, transmission shifts like it should, electronics work, and only the interior needs work.

415

I would say $3000 is well below Blue Book (NADA) and I would buy it for the suspension components alone, you could part the car out if you chose not to restore it to daily driver status and recoup at least half of your investment. Transfer the parts you don't sell to an earlier model year Corvette, a C-3 for instance and you have a win-win situation.

345

Good that you added a pic. That the wheels on this car do not look original, brings me to think that this car was discounted for another reason. Is the newer motor in this car a corvette motor,or like so many scam jobs, was it replaced with a low horsepower 350, with out the right performance parts. Thus making the car not worth wrecking for parts. You might be well to have this kind of things checked by a Corvette tec. If this is true, then try to resell the car for what it is, a corvette knock off, and ask about 5k. If the parts are true Corvette parts, then selling it for parts, is your best route, as you have somewhere in the 5k to10k range. Either way you should be able to turn some profit, because you wil never loose on a Corvette. Ha,Ha.

Thanks guys I appreciate the advice. I looked at it today and it was definitely modified from the original way it was built. It idled poorly and shut off if you did not give it gas. The interior needed to be gutted out entirely, and the catalytic converter was stripped. It is a project car for sure. Thanks again for the help.