How can I find info about my 1985 Corvette package?

Asked by Mar 23, 2014 at 11:40 PM about the 1985 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe

I've looked up various websites for Corvette details, but nothing has shown up on the competition hood or the wind spoiler on the back.  How can I know how much to sell this car for if I can't find the right information?

590

http://www.CorvetteActionCenter.com/specs/c4/1985/ is a good place to start, however, a wind spoiler or competition hood were not options for Corvettes from the factory - so not exactly sure what you're expecting to find...

Thank you for the link and other information. I had hoped to find a way to know if the car had been special ordered. The interior is red, with what appears to be original cloth upholstery, and white exterior didn't seem to be on the options list either. Here's another picture for fans of corvettes. I also did a car report on it, and still have more things to check out.

590

According to: http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/specs/c4/1985/85prod.html White exterior was an option as was Carmine Leather which is a red color, but I don't see red cloth listed there.

Thank you for your link and observations. It was very helpful.

16,445

Your /Corvette is on the outside aesthetically modified. The visual p;arts are after market add ons after the factory delivered the car in it's original condition. The car , depending on the mileage and wants of the prior owner/owners, may of put in new interior to replace worn seats. Not everyone likes leather seats so if it was in a hot climate, went with cloth seats. There is no price change for this car with add ons, only if you have a purest wanting an original looking 1985 Corvette will you have to come down in price. Is the engine and transmission still original or has that also been modified?

Thank you for your response. To answer your question about the engine and transmission, I'll have to check it out. This car has been all over the states according to the car report, but no mentions of modifications, and great report otherwise.

16,445

There are good after market parts that are better than factory, and also there are parts that are junk. What you have looks like it came from a reputable parts place, so there is only someone wanting that look will buy it. If you have the history of the car, it will help in the value staying higher. Even us old folk like to go for the individual look sometime. No one enjoys cookie cutter cars. Go into a parking lot and look for other cars that look like yours. Confusing and not a looker? That's why some people like to individualize their ride. My old Buick had an antenna banana on it so I could find it in the mall lot. Now my red 69 Vette is another story. I find it right away. The only one taking three parking spaces.