What is the size range for speakers and amplifiers?

Asked by Jan 08, 2007 at 08:04 AM about the 1985 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe RWD

My radio is on the fritz and goes on and off intermittently, especially when I hit a hard bump. I need to find some at a discount then have them installed at my local Navy Exchange where they have superb, experienced installers who will install anything on any car, whether purchased from them or not.

Hello SunnyRainbowHeart-- I can send you to a website that appears to have all the parts you are looking for. We can't have you driving down the road in the hot 'vette with the radio sounding so bad. Take a look at http://www.corvettetraderonline.com/store/home.php?cat=90. I don't know if the prices are any good, but it looks like they've got the inventory. Here's a little hint for you- call them on the phone. Parts guys generally know more about cars than anyone else and to prove it they will take all day answering your questions. Finding the right counterman on the other end of the phone can be a treat. Good luck from Bovan.

Thank you, Bovan. I e-mailed them, also asking them if their parts are newly manufactured, salvage, storage or what. Their URL doesn't post a tel.#. I've had 3 Corvettes and deem the OEM Bose to be a piece of junk. What other makes are good? I'd like to pick up radio, speaker & amps on Craig's List or similar online source that are very inexpensive (perhaps because they're closeouts or last year's model) but excellent. Is that possible?