Is there a way to disconnect the anti theft system in my 1984 corvette 5.7 crossfire L83 permanently so I car drive my car?

Asked by Apr 15, 2015 at 11:02 AM about the 1984 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe RWD

Fires up but will not start at all.

Have you just tried pulling the wire to that device? Sorry, usually the simplest solution is sometimes the best. Are you sure that this is the problem and not something else, a lot of things could be preventing your car from working, I'm sure that you want that alarm system running normally again.

No I have not. Where would I find the wire and what color may it be please?

I'm not sure, but, you want to locate the device and trace that back to where its connected or call a service advisor at Chevy and pick their brain. I imagine you can't drive the car other than getting it towed. Maybe someone from AAA towing can even tell you. If all of that fails, look at the wiring diagram or find the fuse that controls the alarm and pull it there.

By the way, I had an alarm on my old Honda Accord and had a lifetime warranty. When it caused problems going off all the time, I contacted them and they serviced it at no charge. You should check and see if your alarm system is under a warranty like that.

Are you showing any trouble codes? Module 1 code 53 would mean you have a problem with the VATS - alarm system. There are a few ways to bypass it, look up VATS bypass. However the best way is to buy and install a PRO Module sold by Newrockies, Inc. appox $260.00 . My info applys to a 1992 Corvette, but I think your 1987 might be the same.

Just give the car back to the owner.

Just give the car back? It was running fine. It over heated. Nor won't start. I bought it ruinning idiot.

If the alarm is working, does that mean you stole it? Idiot. Turn it on and recycle it and turn it off. There also is a fuse that it is connected to, pull that and see if that makes a difference. Don't call names. We are only here to offer assistance. Yes I should of not used levity not knowing you were so thin skinned. So for that and that only I apologize.