Starting my 84 corvette.

Asked by Apr 04, 2012 at 01:32 PM about the 1982 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe

I appreciate the help in finding a solution to starting my 84 corvette.  Following up on some of the answer we have come to the conclusion it is the security system.  When the security light is flashing the car will start.  We are assuming the system is off.  Sometimes unlocking the car will start the light to flashing and then the car will start.  Sometimes when we unlock the car the light will not flash.  Is there a procedure for unlocking the car and getting the security light to flash?

495

Sounds like an aftermarket security system. That's why no one came up with the correct answer for you. We weren't made aware of that fact. Find out who made it and look online for the correct operating procedure by the manufacturer.

215

unlock from passenger door and then go around and get in drivers door- my 85did this until I got it fixed

215

Hi my name is jeff, on my 1985 corvette there is a little black box about the size of my hand with several wires going in2 it. this box is located on the passanger side by the ecm...i believe if you just unplug it that it will not effect anything else but the little light that says security when the door is open...on another note if you jiggle the key back and fourth really fast from the accesory on to start position wile the alarm is going of.. it starts!!!!!!!! that is on mine anyways lol Fond this on the net/////////// maybe it will help?? Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you_disable_the_alarm_and_starter_cut_off_system_in_1984_corvette#ixzz1rDMmAK4Y

5

Hi I have an 84 unlocking the door or having the ignition switch on schould be the procdure when you press the lock button the light schould stop and the alarm is set I have trouble with the passenger door lock not being all the way lock or unlock whitch will cause you trouble setting the alarm.