rt side hood won't release, 1979 vette. suggestions? also, no air from dash vents

Asked by Sep 19, 2015 at 05:39 PM about the 1979 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe

Rt side hood won't release, 1979 vette, no air from dash vents, any suggestions?

66,305

If the air only comes out of the defrost vents the system has lost vacuum. When this happens it defaults to defrost for safety reasons. HTH. -Jim

13,705

Hood release? It may be a cable that is stretched or the adjustment may of slipped. There are tools designed to reach it to activate the catch latch. Then you can check to see if the latch is secure, the cable is tight, or it activates as it is designed to when the cable release if pulled. My money is the cable. It is wire, and over time the braiding in the wire cable stretches. The adjustment screw also may of become lose and let the cable slip so the latch does not fully open. The vacuum on the vents? Check connections for secure hose hookups and worn or brittle hoses. Replace as you see fit. If they are over 10 years old, replace as much of the hoses as possible. fun job, but do only one at a time and mark each one with a number and the connector with the number also. Seen too many hoses not get hooked up the the correct connection.