This to Mark Helpful: In your opinion, what would be the selling price of 'One of a Kind' 1977 Vette?

225

Asked by Jul 19, 2013 at 03:10 PM about the 1977 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe

Mark, you seem to be very knowledgeable about Vettes. I've been following your answers and just wanted to know, what would a buyer pay for my hubby's 1977 Vette that is advertised in CarGurus.
He put over $100,000+ into it but of course we don't expect to receive that. He has it for $35,000/OBO.
It truly is a great ride but since his traumatic brain injuries, he is no longer able to drive it. We really need to sell it, his medical bills are killing us and almost wiping out our savings even though he had medical coversge.
Thank you for your courtesy.
KiKiVette ;)

Nobody is Mark. That is 'mark helpful' if you feel the answer was helpful to you. This happens a lot.

225

Oops, sorry. I thought there was a Mark, my bad. Thanks. KiKiVette ;)

Now, your question, since you are strapped for cash, something fully understood here, have as much patience as possible and somebody with deep pockets might just be looking for one like it.

Best Answer

Hey, like I say, lots of folks read it that way...no worries

And may I add best wishes to your husband and a full recovery is in our prayers

225

Thank you so much. Carl, my hubby personally wants to thank you for your prayers and best wishes. May I add your one of the kindest people I have met on line. So you go by David, right? Don't want to goof up again. ;) I'll be putting up my 1975 Vette up for sale soon. It has the original interior except for Eclipse speakers in back & Alpine Stereo/CD player. I'll ask my question on price when I place an ad. Your the greatest and thank you again. God Bless. KiKiVette

22,725

kiki- that is a bad story- I wish you and your husband the best- much luck to you- as for value- straight up, it will be hard to get a chunk of cash for a '77 Corvette- I hope it sells for 35K- seems like it's worth it- but right now the economy is bad- and this is like a custom car- you have to find the one person who falls in love with it and is willing to pay the max- auctions are good for this, that would be my suggestion- when you have a crowd of buyers, with money in hand, and they can see the car in person, and how nice it is- then you can get what it's worth- do you live around a big city with a corvette buyer/showroom? one of those places usually called something cute like "Corvettes R Us"- they might be able to get a good price for you on consignment, or maybe just buy it outright- if fact maybe you don't have to live that close, one of those specialists might be interested in buying it and shipping it- the other best bet is through personal contacts, your friends, the Vette club if you belong to one- also, there is a good chance that EBay might work, list it just right, lots of great pictures- selling a car is difficult right now- but I hope you have very good luck-

I want to be named "mark helpful" should check with Henry to see if this is a possibility~

225

Jannblues, sorry didn't respond much earlier, my hubby had 2 falls & then I became ill, so haven't been around much. I've tried most everything you told me to. But will have to drive her around with for Sale sign. Don't want to put a lot of miles on her. I got a few hits from dealers in craigs list in San Francisco but because we don't live there anymore, someone 'flagged' us. Dealers are looking for original not custom. My next step was to parade her in what is called here in Grand Blanc MI, 'Back to the Bricks.' Muscle cars, corvettes, etc. This will be held on 8/14. I can understand poor economy but the medical profession gains from it, rates, etc, goes up. I appreciate all your advice and help. Can you tell me how I can renew? I click on listing but no renewal & the ad expires today. Many thanks for your help and have a great week. KiKiVette ;)

225

Forgot to ad, auctions are a little far to go to due to hubbies condition right now. Also will reduce price to: $30,000 OBO. KiKiVette ;)